Please see knowledgebase article KB1602001.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1506001.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1404001.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1401001.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1309001.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1305001.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1301001.
Please see knowledgebase articles KB1208001, KB1209001 and KB1209002.
Please see knowledgebase article KB1205001.
Very important: if you plan to use the new VADP job type introduced in version 0.2.3, please download and install the 0.2.4 pre-release as well. This version corrects the issues reported in knowledgebase article KB1207001.
1) Added ability to handle virtual machines with names containing spaces.
2) Inventory of backups now stored in datastore. This now allows the user to mark a backup as 'unmanaged' and thus set it aside for retention without needing to move the file system folder.
3) Disabled CLI (command line interface). All functionality of CLI now available in vBackup Client.
4) Resolved issue as documented in KB1104002 where application would crash if Windows regional settings do not support a "month/day/year” format.
5) vBackup Client version 0.1.1.490 included in vBackup 0.2.2.67 and 0.2.2.68 installs.
6) RC period extended to 1/31/2012 in vBackup 0.2.2.67 and to 7/31/2012 in vBackup 0.2.2.68.
7) Resolved issue in Edit Virtual Machine Wizard where default job information would be lost if virtual machine name was changed.
8) Added ability to view and manage backups (set as managed/unmanaged and delete) via the vBackup Client.
9) Added ability to open job logs from within the vBackup Client.
10) Added ability to restore backups via new 'Restore Backup Wizard'.
11) Added ability to import datastore (hosts, virtual machines & settings) from vBackup Client (as opposed to using CLI).
12) Resolved issue as documented in KB1104001 where application would crash on 64-bit systems if 'SMTPPassword' setting was blank.
1) Added process to verify existence of virtual machine on host prior to backup execution (for improved error handling).
2) Added 'Guest OS' property to virtual machine records in datastore. Property is automatically updated as a part of host validation during backup execution and is for future use.
3) Added encryption to all password fields in datastore (for improved security).
4) Added GUI (graphical user interface) used to manage virtual machine and host information, execute jobs and modify application settings. Client (GUI) Version 0.1.0.913 included in vBackup 0.2.1.105 install.
Second RC release.
1) Added 'Hypervisor' property to host records in datastore. Property is automatically updated as a part of host validation during backup execution and is for future use.
2) RC period extended to 06/30/11.
1) Added CLI (command line interface) used to manage VM and host information and modify application settings.
2) Fixed bug that caused backup execution to fail when "BackupRoot" setting contained spaces.
1) Added e-mail notification feature. This optional feature allows vBackup to be configured to send process results via SMTP to one or more e-mail addresses upon completion.
2) Added “settings” section to log entry and misc. revisions to improve log entry format.
1) Added “elapsed backup time” to log and console output.
2) Added XML schema file and documentation to for XML datastore.
3) Added MSI installer as an option for system setup.
1) Fixed bug where old backups were not being deleted after new backups complete.
2) Fixed bug that caused backup execution to fail when 'after' debug option is used.
1) Added new 'Settings' section in XML data file and added 'VCBInstallPath' setting. This allows VMware Consolidated Backup to be installed in other than the default location. This addition was needed to support vBackup installed on 64-bit Windows operating systems.
2) Set password to be masked in log and non-debug console output. Password remains visible in console output when debug is on.
3) Added messages and progress/status information to console output. This improves runtime application feedback to user.
1) Added ability to store VM and Host information in XML data file.
2) Revised date string in backup name to YYMMDD (was MMDDYY). This allows for proper sorting of backup folders when backups exist from multiple years.
1) Extended beta period to 06/15/10 (was 03/15/10).
Original BETA release.