Thinware vBackup can be installed and run on any server (physical or virtual) that meets the following requirements:
Supported Operating Systems:
- Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Enterprise or Ultimate
- Microsoft Windows 8/8.1 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows 10 Professional or Enterprise
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008/2008 R2 Standard, Enterprise or Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2012/2012 R2 Essentials, Standard or Datacenter
- Microsoft Windows Server 2016 Essentials, Standard or Datacenter
*Note 1: Only 64-bit versions of the above operating systems are supported.
*Note 2: Microsoft Windows Server Core is not supported for running Thinware vBackup.
Supported Integration Utilities:
- VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit (installed only, no configuration necessary)
*Note 1: With Thinware vBackup version 4.0.1 and above you now have the ability to install and use 2 different versions of VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit depending on requirements in your environment.
*Note 2: Due to differences and certain unresolved issues in each VDDK version, for all versions of VMware vSphere 4.0 thru 6.0, we have found that the following configuration is best:
- For VMware Virtual Disk Manager please use VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit version 5.5.4
- For VMware Disk Mount please use VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit version 5.1.4