First time I've seen this particular error.
The job in question had two backups put into unmanaged status, then returned to Managed. I increased the number of backups to retain, but that's all the changes.
Where might I look for this? Would I need to create a new job to start the backup chain again?
================================== LOG START ==================================
Version: 126.96.36.19908 (Version 4.0)
Copyright (c) 2009-2014 Thinware, Inc. All rights reserved.
Visit us at: www.vbackup.com
Process Started: 3/5/2018 2:50:34 PM
- SMTP Server =
- SMTP Username =
- SMTP Password =
- SMTP From Address =
- Notification Recipients =
- VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit Install Path = C:\Program Files\VMware\VDDK
- Virtual Machine = XXXXXXX
- Server = XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:22
- Server Username = root
- Server Password = ****************
- Job = XXXXXXX
- Job Type = Backup-Image-SSH
- Backup Root = E:\BAK\XXXXXX\XXXXXX
- Disk Exclusion = None
- Backups to Keep = 5
- Quiesce Guest File System = False
- Create Snapshot Task Timeout = 15
- Remove Snapshot Task Timeout = 15
- Encrypt Temporary Password File = False
- Compression Level = None
- Maximum Log Size = 1024
- Backup Type = Image-Full
SMTP server not provided, e-mail notification is disabled.
Server Platform: VMware ESXi 5.5.0 2302651
Virtual Machine Guest OS: Ubuntu Linux (32-bit)
- Type: Perpetual
- Status: Active
- Edition in Use: Standard
Backup Folder: E:\BAK\XXXXXX\XXXXXX
No existing temporary snapshots found.
E Unable to complete backup. Unable to retrieve virtual machine ID. Error while creating 'virtualmachine' file. Skipping invalid VM '7'.
Backup data folder deleted in cleaning up after job failure.
Process Completed: 3/5/2018 2:50:56 PM
Elapsed Time: 22 seconds