Howdy all, I'm having trouble with vBackup 22.214.171.12454 (Version 4.0, Update 2) backing up a free VMware ESXi 6.0.0 3620759 server. I see from Google, that there were some issues similar to this in 2013, and I've tried a number of the suggested fixes from that time, but haven't been successful. Below is a log file, any help would be most appreciated.
================================== LOG START ==================================
Version: 126.96.36.19954 (Version 4.0, Update 2)
Copyright (c) 2009-2016 Thinware, Inc. All rights reserved.
Visit us at: www.vbackup.com
Process Started: 1/16/2017 11:57:35 PM
- SMTP Server =
- SMTP Username =
- SMTP Password =
- SMTP From Address =
- Notification Recipients =
- VMware Virtual Disk Manager Application Directory = C:\Program Files (x86)\VMware\VMware Virtual Disk Development Kit\bin
- Disable VMware Virtual Disk Manager Logging = True
- Virtual Machine = PBX
- Server = 192.168.0.190:22
- Server Username = root
- Server Password = **********
- Job = Full-Backup
- Job Type = Backup-Image-SSH
- Backup Root = C:\Backups\VMware
- Disk Exclusion = None
- Backups to Keep = 1
- Quiesce Guest File System = False
- Snapshot Virtual Machine Memory = False
- Create Snapshot Task Timeout = 15
- Remove Snapshot Task Timeout = 15
- Encrypt Temporary Password File = False
- Compression Level = None
- Maximum Log Size = 1024
- Backup Type = Image-Full
- Debug = after
SMTP server not provided, e-mail notification is disabled.
Server Platform: VMware ESXi 6.0.0 3620759
Virtual Machine Guest OS: CentOS 4/5/6/7 (64-bit)
- Type: Perpetual
- Status: Active
- Edition in Use: Standard
Backup Folder: C:\Backups\VMware\PBX
No existing temporary snapshots found.
E Unable to complete backup. Unable to retrieve virtual machine ID. Error while creating 'virtualmachine' file. WARNING - POTENTIAL SECURITY BREACH!.
i Debug mode enabled, clean up of temporary files bypassed.
i Debug mode enabled, clean up after job failure bypassed.
Process Completed: 1/16/2017 11:57:53 PM
Elapsed Time: 18 seconds